Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Success and Failure

I've written regularly about Saturn, and his ability to deny our inner reality, so that only that which is observable and measurable has value. Often during a major transition, people can't carry on as they did before, so they can't measure and value themselves as they did previously. So you have to look deeper during those times to find value and meaning. This is Saturn as crucible for inner transformation.

I like Botton's point (see video below) that in a meritocracy, you only get to the top if you deserve it. The inevitable implication is that those at the bottom are also there because they deserve it. Saturn again.

My way out of this mess is to take people as they come, get a sense of who they are and what they're like and don't be dazzled by their income or lack of it or what they have or haven't done. Saturn softened by Neptune, maybe.




2 comments:

satan said...

Thanks Barry for putting up this great Ted talk and for your succinct comments. I subscribe to TED and it makes up my viewing, rather that the drivel that passes for TV, apart from BBC4. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

With Saturn on the asc and Neptune as ruler of chart and moon I totally get where you are coming from.Bedazzled I am not, I found myself saying and then googled the word bedazzled. Apt i thought!
From wikipidia: Bedazzled is a 1967 British comedy film directed and produced by Stanley Donen. It was written by and stars Peter Cook and Dudley Moore. It is a comic retelling of the Faust legend, set in the Swinging London of the 1960s. The Devil (Peter Cook) offers an unhappy young man (Moore) seven wishes in return for his soul, but twists the spirit of the wishes to frustrate the man's hopes.