Monday, April 06, 2020

THE SHAMANIC BOOK CLUB

The title of this post is self-explanatory, an idea coming out of these lockdown times - though it is something I have kind of had in mind for a while. Once a month we will discuss a book on Zoom. The books will all, in one way or another, have shamanic or indigenous themes. My own interest is not so much in books about shamanism by modern westerners (though I don't want to exclude that), but rather books that are by native people, or which record or give reliable accounts of them. I expect that for now I will make the choice of book, with input from others. The first book is a novel by Louise Erdrich, The Plague of Doves. She is from the Ojibwe people, and is one of my favourite novelists. Her books are set on the reservation, and reflect the blend of modern and traditional ways in which her people now live.
She is from the Ojibwe people, and is one of my favourite novelists. Her books are set on the reservation, and reflect the blend of modern and traditional ways in which her people now live. 

We will first meet on Sat 9th May at 7.30pm BST. Here is how to join: 

Barry Goddard is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Shamanic Book Group
Time: May 9, 2020 07:30 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/594690646…
Meeting ID: 594 690 646
Password: 312637
                                                                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I offer Shamanic consultations, usually by skype, in which we can talk over anything you want to talk over. I may use the Medicine Wheel, Journeying, Astrology, Tarot or anything that works. And it centres around listening to ourselves in a deep way. I work on a donation basis, and I am happy with whatever is easy for you: I love this work. Contact: BWGoddard1@aol.co.uk


                                                                                            -------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

InAvalon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.