Friday, January 03, 2020

PLUTO AND THE RENEWAL OF THE COLLECTIVE

I was at a book club in Exeter recently, and someone referred to the major change underway in the UK, and I had one of those moments: I saw and felt the green shoots under the surface for the first time. They were the green shoots of the renewal that comes at the end of Pluto transits. It has been a long and gruelling ride, firstly with the crash and the austerity, and then more recently with the division in the country, as Pluto has made his hard aspects to the UK Sun, Moon, Angles and Node. It has been quite something to live through, and we are not there yet. But I don't think I would have had that glimpse of the renewal if it were not in the offing.
I learnt astrology in the real sense not through courses or books - I'm not very good at them, something to do with how my Mercury (the way we learn) works - but through living through a series of Pluto transits from the early 90s onwards. I really started to know something about astrology on my pulses as I lived through that prolonged and difficult and transformative time, which I would never have wished for in advance.

--------------------

I offer skype/FB video astrology readings, by donation. Contact: BWGoddard1 (at)aol.co.uk


---------------------
And now I have been having what feels like the privilege of experiencing Pluto transits on a collective level, a process in which I have felt deeply engaged, but not from the point of view of being a left wing or right wing voter. I think it undermines one's capacity as any sort of healer or counsellor to be identified with one political side and to think badly of the other.

The journey Pluto takes us on is not to be judged or argued with, for it is about life renewing itself. Of course, we do judge it and argue with it, because to us the old may seem to work perfectly well and it is what we know, and at those early stages the effects of Pluto can seem purely destructive and 'bad'. And I think it will take decades to come to terms with what is happening in this country, and I am sure there will be many thoughtful people who to their dying day will feel burnt by the direction this country is taking. But maybe also able to see that the eventual outcome wasn't so terrible and that some of the resistance was simply to change itself. Pluto opens us up in this respect, though how long-lasting that is in the case of a collective is another question. 

Collectives have to keep re-learning the same things as generations move on. Be that as it may, I have that delightful sense of new life around the corner. No-one said it will be easy, but new life has a vigour that will carry us through.

No comments: