Saturday, January 04, 2020

SHAMANISM DAY

You might have noticed that I have reactivated the mail-out for this blog after a year's gap. I found I just wasn't writing much astrology, but I was writing about Shamanism, my other big interest: you can find my shamanic blog here. It also has a free email subscribe. Anyway, I got the feeling to post more on this blog, so I am coughing up my $32 a month to feedblitz to get it mailed out again. Meanwhile.......

I am running a day near Swansea in a lovely village hall on Sun 9th Feb, set up for me by Annzella Gregg. It's the first Shamanic teaching I have done for about 15 years. I've been doing plenty of individual work with people in the meantime, mainly via astrology, divination being a respectable part of the shaman's function 😅

But there was an essential part of me yet to come. She came first as dreams of a woman within who I had forgotten, and I would wake up longing for her. And then when she felt I was ready - that I had learnt to live in a sufficiently surrendered way, instead of through my will - she turned up. That was last June. It has been life-changing, and I am still absorbing it. She is an adult, not to be messed with, and she is slender and compassionate and deeply connected to the power of the earth. And she has a lot to say, and wants to say it. This has been my dream for so many years, and it feels wonderful to be finally getting round to it. 


For me, Shamanism (as we have come to use the term) is fundamentally about becoming a whole human being. And for that we need to listen to ourselves - to the reality of the Spirit working through us, to the personal feelings and to the shadow elements that we need to make friends with, to the body and its belonging to the earth, and to the mind with its ability to discern and create community. Yes, I have just walked round the Medicine Wheel. And that is what we will be doing on the day I am running. Listening to ourselves, using the Medicine Wheel as a guide. And getting as far as we get. 

I work responsively - I like to follow the group, and trust where we go. And hopefully too, a sense of community can start to happen, based on that sharing of our stories, which is a rare thing but something that is so much needed. More details are in this blog posting.  Places are limited so that we can work closely as a group. Please let me know soon if you are interested.

PS I am open to invitations, I just need expenses

No comments: